martes, 23 de octubre de 2007

Mi familia

During the times that I have felt lonely and bored here, I have thought about my family more than anything, and how much each one of them means to me. I recently made a comparison between me and my younger sister, Sarah, using the example of how each one of us acts upon our arrival home for the holidays. I realized the other day that this example works well with all of us Noble kids.

Theresa: When she comes home, she demands that everyone be at the airport, waiting for her arrival. And when one of us doesn´t show up, she bothers them until they feel extremely guilty for not being there.

David: Asks that as few people be there as possible, so as to draw as little attention to himself as possible. But he would be a little upset if nobody showed up.

Me: I never say a word, secretly hoping everyone shows up with balloons and flowers.

Sarah: Also hopes that everyone shows up with balloons and flowers, but makes sure that everyone knows it, and even tells them where they could go and buy the flowers.

Mary: Acts like she doesn´t really care if anyone shows up, but secretly hopes everyone does.

And that is my family in a nut shell. And boy do I miss them! I just wanted to let you all know how much I love you, and that I´ve been reading all of your blogs, which have made me cry, laugh, and miss you even more! I love you guys!

3 comentarios:

Sarah dijo...

Mi amor! I laughed and laughed at that comment, bc the first time I came home (from Chester) I did exactly that, called all my friends and told them to be there along with the whole family so that I was only extremely overwhelmed when I arrived to the huge crowd. I heard you talked to mom the other night, and she said you sounded good, which makes me very happy. I am praying for you and thinking about you a lot...I cant wait to see you so very soon!

Jane dijo...

You're so funny and so right. How do I come home on an airplane? I think I'm like David when it's a business trip and like Mary if it's an extra long trip of any kind.

You DID sound good the other night sweetie pea. The tenacious spirit that Theresa described in her story is so evident as you work through each day with an attitude honed through a life spent kicking your way out of the "middle kid" status and establishing yourself as Liz.

Love you!
Mom

CJ dijo...

Dear Elizabeth,
Buenos Dias! How are you my sweetest and most beautiful Elizabeth? I hope that things are going very well for you in Honduras. Boy, you really captured each of the Noble kids with your airport story. What you said is so true! As for me, I would like an entire crowd to meet me at the airport- with baloons and fireworks, but I would never say so! I would also like some dignitaries there, you know, some government officials, a few military officers and a queen or king or so. I'd also like some babies to kiss. I don't demand too much. Anyway, classes are going well and I am enjoying teaching more than I ever have. I have a magnificent sense of well-being and joy from the Lord that is such a precious gift. Mom is doing well too. She is in New York with Sarah this week. She has called and they are having a lot of fun. Liz, I want you to know that I pray for you for many blessing every day. I miss you very much and I love you to death.
Love, Dad