domingo, 9 de septiembre de 2007

Hurricane Felix

Well, no worries my friends. Hurricane Felix did not get me, or anyone around me for that matter. It was actually quite disappointing. We were all at least expecting heavy rains or at least heavy winds as well, but just got a little drizzle that I'm not even sure was from the hurricane. So no worries, all is well and I have not gotten evacuated to Panama. I guess it is just not the time for that right now :)

So I have been thinking a lot about where they are going to send me. You see, this entire time during my training, my director has been searching out sites, counterparts, and families for each one of us volunteers. I keep wondering where I am going to be put, what kind of people will live in my community, and whether I will be placed by other volunteers that I will like. But as I start to worry about all of that stuff, I just have to take a deep breath and tell myself that everything will be okay. This entire experience thusfar has actually been a great lesson in patience and trust in God. I have really had to trust in the Lord during this time more than I ever have before. I know everyone worries about the towns they are sent to, whether they will like it, and whether they will be able to live in the conditions they are put it.

I definately cannot say that I haven´t fallen subject to the same preocupations. But whenever I am able to catch myself worrying about it, I just give it up to the Lord, and realize that whatever I am given is what He wants for me, therefore it will be the best for me. Take the family that I am living with right now, for example. They are the most amazing, friendly and easy-going people I have met here in Honduras. I know that they are a blessing from God to help me know that He is here with me, and to help me with my Spanish. They are just the people I needed to be placed with to help me with my Spanish especially, because they are very patient helping me learn the language, as well as very easy to talk to. And I was extremely worried at first that I would have a bad family! Well now I know, that the Lord is looking out for me. And even if I run into problems, which I am sure I will, He will help me to get out of them. So I await the announcement of my site with anticipation and excitement. We will find out in one week, and two weeks after that, we all leave for those sites, where we will live for the next two years of our lives. It is a scarey thought sometimes, but I know it is God´s will for me.

5 comentarios:

Billy J dijo...

Way to hang in there Liz! I'm glad the hurricane didn't get you! It sounds like you're really living out the TEC motto "Let Go & Let God." =-)

Anónimo dijo...

as cliche as it probably sounds lizzie, those challenges and difficulties that you speak of are the reason for living. not only will god help you out of those situations but god will put you into them to enable you to grow and solve problems. i've said it before and i will say it again, you are the most level headed of the fabulous noble family carnival, and i have the utmost confidence in you and the decisions that you make.

Jane dijo...

I hope he's not including his dear parents in that family-carnival reference!

God is good, Lizzie. The longer I live the more sure I am of it. The more sure I am, the more I desire his will whatever that might be. Fear of suffering - what a relief to unload it (and at such an early age!!)

I love you sweetie.

Sarah dijo...

I love you, I know you are getting ready to leave your amazing loving home. And I will be praying for you. Envio muchos abrazos muy fuerte hermana

CJ dijo...

Dear Lizzy,
I know that you are having challenges right now and that things are not easy. But by meeting such difficult challenges as a young lady, you are preparing for your entire life. You will have strengths that very many people will not have. The Lord is filling you with grace that, I believe you (and I) are not even aware of. You will see the results of His loving grace years from now and you will have grown into a holy woman. I believe the Lord is raising you up for a very special and important which your work in Honduras is very much a part. Keep on in your already tremendous faith. Jesus loves you with an infinite love.
Love, Dad