sábado, 14 de julio de 2007

my first entry

I tried one other time to post an entry and it didn't seem to work. So here we go, I am trying again.

I have been here in Honduras for three days, and it feels like a million years since I have been at home. Already, I am adapting to the culture very well, and loving everything my host mother cooks for me. Today I had a wonderful creamy soup with carrots and some other foriegn vegetable in it I had never had before. I am hoping that she will teach me how to cook some of these things, because I know that when I'm living on my own, it will be wonderful to be able to cook like that for myself. Some people have asked if I miss American food. Not at all. I think the food here is mostly local and freshly made anyway. I big step up for me, from processed and greasy food I get in the states!

I am very excited to get out and start working on my project, which is called protected areas management. We have already been told that we will have to be extremely creative and resourceful when we are out there, because half of the resources we will need to do our project will not be available. So I am excited to tap into the creative side of my mind. I really do not think that I have or will ever be challenged like this again! It is truly an experience I think every American should go through!

2 comentarios:

Laura dijo...

Hola Liz!

Eat some grenadillas for me!

Billy J dijo...

Liz Noble!
I don't know about being away for 2 years, but it does sound like one heck of an experience! I just might have to take you up on that visit so I can check it out for myself. Post some pics on here if you can sometime!