viernes, 6 de junio de 2008

fruit and english

Hello, all. Well, it seems that my work has slowly become less and less coffee-focused, and more and more fruit-focused as well as youth-focused! That is just fine with me, I like coffee lots, but actually working on the production is not quite as thrilling as it sounds. I prefer fruit and kids!

In two weeks, the women in my group are going to be in a training all week long (the trainers are coming to my town) on how to make jelly from all the delicious fruit in our town! I am really excited about the training, and hope it will go really well. Since the last time I wrote, we have only had one meeting, although we were supposed to have three, but the people running the show never showed up (an NGO from a city about a 3 hour drive away). Both times that they didn´t show up, all the women showed up though, and are still as animated as ever to work, although the people have stood them up 2 times as well as have changed the dates of the training 2 times! Oh, goodness. I still hope everything goes well, and I think it will!

Besides that, I´ve been teaching English in the school on the weekends, which I truly enjoy. It brings me so much happiness seeing these kids grow, and understand concepts slowly. I also love trying to figure out what I get do better to help them understand.....does this mean I should be a teacher? Hmmmmm.......not quite sure! Next time, I will be writing about how the training went! Until next time, my friends. Adios.

3 comentarios:

Pursued by Truth dijo...

oh lizzy i am glad things are going well. i am so happy , i was a little worried for you the last time we talked!

Jane dijo...

Hey there, kiddo! We tried calling tonight to leave you a message, but the had problems with the phone. We haven't talked in a while - call! You must be in town this weekend, huh?

Love you!!!!!!
Mom

Laura dijo...

Hey Liz! I'm glad to hear you're doing well still! Sounds like you're quite the teacher.

I'm about to graduate from Stanford (1 week!) and then go to China for 3 weeks with the orchestra. After I get back I'll probably go home for a little bit and then try and find an apartment in San Francisco. Then work starts in August -- weeeeeird. Anyway, my vacation kicks in 6 months after I start (so that would be February) so then I can figure out when to come see you!

Can you believe you've been gone almost a year?! Craziness!