miércoles, 7 de mayo de 2008

The second meeting...

We alrealdy had our second meeting yesterday, and things seem to be moving quickly. Almost too quickly. We decided in the last meeting that the women want to make jams and jewlery. The idea of recycling plastics, although an excellent idea, was just getting to be too complicated. Maybe later, when we are more organized, but it was a little difficult trying to figure out how we would store it, how we would carry it out of the town, and most importantly, who would buy it? These things, obviously, must be considered before starting any business, and I´m proud of them for thinking of it (mainly because Hondurans are often known to jump into something with both feet, without thinking of the consequences beforehand).

So it´s fruit that we are doing. And perhaps jewlery or some other kind of craft. And I am in charge of looking for contacts in the US. So, if any of my loyal readers have any suggestions for where to sell jams or artisan stuff, just let me know. Or any ideas on what kinds of artisan things to do, just let me know.

Until next time....

4 comentarios:

Jane dijo...

What a great start Liz! I'll volunteer to look for distribution options. I'm thinking the women, though, are the best source for the jewelry ideas. It'll be more native, pure, cool, etc.

T dijo...

i will think about this lizzy boo

Laura dijo...

Go Liz!

By the way, when is the best time of year to visit you? I'm trying to think ahead some about vacations (now that I have a limited amount of time -- stupid work!)

Elizabeth Clare dijo...

ooh! probably not this summer, because I have a few people visiting, including my parents....but really any time early next year would be a possibility